Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Early-25's
My 24hours goes something like this, wake up early in the morning, try to go for a jog if i woke up early. Get back to house, get ready and run to the office thinking that today i am going to prove to the world, how specially able am I. Once reached, i take breakfast in the office, followed by a cup of coffee and i say to myself that i will be solving that DDTS and respond to some important mails that i knew the answers for. After a long day of sky-larking aspirations feeded with not-so-used-to-intelligence mind, i get back home for dinner which my lovely wife makes it ready and tasty on time, though she too might have reached home after a tiresome day at work. I read some mails in blr-masala and try to learn some new things which i think will let me change the world, which i am actually supposed to have learnt in my Engineering. Then i try to go to bed and my mind will take over myself, gifting me a wonderful sleepless night. I am a hero, i dont give up things so easily, i wait till my mind gets exhausted with the kind of thought processing it does and then i faint into some darkcorners of my mind resting in peace. Alarm rings and i start my day with the first instruction set to my thinking of going for a jog.

Life became routine, normal which i never liked or hoped it to be. I want to do something different, something remarkable, something important and finally something special. You can see now how my mind takes over me, myself & sarat.

Miss'in u...!
Everyday i want to fly stay by my side,
Everyday i want to dream stay by myside.
Every morning i wish i could just play,
Wish the mornings which will stay..
do dong dong dong....!

Wishing me success...
-SCG

1 comment:

Abu said...

A doctor does have the virtues of being a good listener, applying his skill and taking responsibility but I feel that comparing a life partner to a doctor assumes that the other partner is in some way "sick" and needs to be corrected / cured,taken care of or just plain inferior in some way than the one who is donning the hat of the so called doctor.This vanity, This pride,This egotism plays a very prominent role in making a relationship suffer.It is not very uncommon to see families in which a partner (one or both) takes it upon themselves to play saviour and tries to "fix" the other and change them to fit/match their expectations,only to result in further alienation and painful conflict.This being so, I want to highlight some fundamental differences between a doctor and a life partner.

A doctor listens to understand and cure the PROBLEM, while a partner listens to understand and honour the PERSON.A doctor cares, while a partner "LOVES".A doctor cures,A partner nurtures.A doctor gives due consideration , a partner provides acceptance.A doctor sympathises, A partner empathises.

In a doctor patient relationship,people communicate to the point.With a life partner, people commune the depths of their being.just in case I forget, speaking of responsilbility, in a doctor patient relationship, the doctor might well assume responsibility for the result of the treatment but never for the pathology (cause of the problem) of the patient.In a life partner relationship, the problem is not individual, responsibility for the cause as well as the solution is shared.The absolute infallibility of one parner who fixes the other is a (egotistic)delusion and it exists and perpetuates itself only in the mind of the fixer-partner in question.

In a doctor/patient relationship, there are two people with a situation.In a Life Partner relationship there is ONE FAMILY with a situation.As an underscore, I want to stress that a doctor is above the patient whereas the life partners are equals.

Interestingly, to quote a parrallel, A good teacher teaches his students "efficiently" but Great teachers always allow themselves to learn from thier students.They know that children are not vessels to filled (with knowledge) but lamps to be lit.The great teacher approaches the child with humility because they know that when the lamp is lit, more often than not, it is the teacher himself who benifits by the light it sheds.Similarly a good doctor cures the patient of any sickness,but a great doctor humbly leads the patient to discover the sacred place of healing deep within the patients themselves.A great life partner knows that his life partner is divine.When he listens, he does not do it with doctor-like-pride over his superiority.He listens with the humility-of-a-devotee and ASSISTS her in manifesting her hearts desires, and SERVES her in her evolution of becoming an authentic human being ,which by the way , is the only reason for any human relationship(father,mother,child,-friend,wife,husband etc) to exist in the first place.

PS : PHYSICIAN !!! HEAL THYSELF.

Contributors